Wednesday, August 17, 2016

apt - Ubuntu 18.04 server - missing installation candidates while installing mysql-server 8


I just created a brand new VM with Ubuntu server 18.04 and took the same steps I did earlier on another server (also a brand new 18.04 installation), but this time while attempting to install the mysql-server 8.0 it was suddenly failing.


The steps I followed were:


wget -c https://dev.mysql.com/get/mysql-apt-config_0.8.10-1_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i mysql-apt-config_0.8.10-1_all.deb

This configured my sources.list to use the 8.0 instead of the 5.x version of mysql.


Executing apt-get install mysql-server, I got:


mysql-server : Depends: mysql-community-server (= 8.0.12-1ubuntu18.04) but it is not going to be installed

Despite having run commands such as apt-get clean, apt-get install -f and apt-get update several times, and apt-get upgrade not reporting any held packages, I found this odd. So I tried apt install mysql-community-server.


Which resulted in the same error, but with missing depends for mysql-community-server-core and libmecab2.


When running apt install libmecab2 it tells me it has no installation candidate, but according to the ubuntu packages website it definitely exists in the repository.


I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary in my sources.list either, and apt-get update isn't reporting any errors either.


What could be causing this installation to fail? I took the exact same steps on the physical server, and it worked perfectly on that machine.



This package(https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/libmecab2
) is in universe repository


Add deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic universe
to your sources.list and run apt update to resolve it


or type these command in a terminal


sudo add-apt-repository universe
sudo apt update
sudo apt install libmecab2

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...