Tuesday, November 7, 2017

boot - Cannot install Ubuntu 16.04.1 - video mode problem

I want to install Ubuntu for some developement projects. I have created an USB Live Disk with Rufus and Universal USB Installer, but for some reason, at some point, before entering the installation screen (I pass the boot menu selection and the ubuntu violet loading screen) I get the following error from my Display saying:



"CANNOT DISPLAY THIS VIDEO MODE, CHANGE COMPUTER DISPLAY INPUT TO 1920X1080@60HZ"



My rig spec:




Philips 1900x1200 Display



CPU: AMD FX8300



GPU: ZOTAC GTX950



MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte 970A-DS3P V3



I suspect it's something with the grub cfg file... I tried everything related to this after some research here and other linux forums, but none seemed to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...