Friday, November 24, 2017

remote desktop - Installing Chrome RDP Host on Ubuntu

Every time I attempt to install Chrome Remote desktop on my machine so it can be shared as an end point, I am directed to a listing in the Ubuntu App Store. When I press "Install" the install button seems to change to "Installing" then to "Remove" (to indicate full install) almost instantaneously.



When I attempt to go back into Chrome RDP, I am still told I need to install Chrome RDP host (chrome-remote-desktop_current_amd64.deb).I then run sudo apt-get dpkg -i * (* is the chrome rdp file), then sudo apt-get install -f, which proceeds to tell me 0 have installed.



Has anyone else had this experience as well? Having trouble figuring out why this keeps happening. Does it have anything to do with that it was meant for debian, and I'm using Ubuntu?



Any recommendations to help resolve would be highly appreciated. Thanks!




UPDATE: Here is the output of sudo dpkg -i chrome-remote-desktop_current_amd64.deb.



 (Reading database ... 274322 files and directories currently 
installed.)
Preparing to unpack chrome-remote-desktop_current_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking chrome-remote-desktop (61.0.3163.20) over
(61.0.3163.20) ...
Setting up chrome-remote-desktop (61.0.3163.20) ...
Shutting down Chrome Remote Desktop hosts (they will restart
automatically)...

Processing triggers for systemd (229-4ubuntu19) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-19) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...