Tuesday, November 28, 2017

How to update MySQL Server, MySQL Client and phpMyAdmin to the latest stable versions on my local machine running on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 LTS?

I'm using 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on my machine. I've already installed LAMP server on my machine.




I'm using following Apache HTTP Server version.



I got following information after I type following command into my machine's terminal :



apachectl -V

Server version: Apache/2.4.10 (Ubuntu)
Server built: Jul 22 2014 22:57:50
Server's Module Magic Number: 20120211:36
Server loaded: APR 1.5.1, APR-UTIL 1.5.3

Compiled using: APR 1.5.1, APR-UTIL 1.5.3
Architecture: 64-bit
Server MPM: prefork
threaded: no
forked: yes (variable process count)
Server compiled with....
-D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
-D APR_HAS_MMAP
-D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
-D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE

-D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
-D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
-D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
-D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
-D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=256
-D HTTPD_ROOT="/etc/apache2"
-D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/lib/apache2/suexec"
-D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/apache2.pid"
-D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
-D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"

-D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="mime.types"
-D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="apache2.conf"


I'm using following PHP version on my machine. Following is the command that I run and the information I seen:



php -v

PHP 5.5.19-1+deb.sury.org~precise+1 (cli) (built: Nov 19 2014 19:32:34)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group

Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.4-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2014, by Zend Technologies


When I hit the URL : http://localhost/phpmyadmin from the address bar of my browser, Log in screen of phpMyAdmin loaded then I entered the Username and Password to login. After logging in I saw following details on right pane.



**MySQL**    

- Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
- Server version: 5.5.40-0ubuntu0.12.04.1

- Protocol version: 10
- User: root@localhost
- MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)


**Web server**
- Apache/2.4.10 (Ubuntu)
- MySQL client version: 5.5.40
- PHP extension: mysqli


**phpMyAdmin**

- Version information: 3.4.10.1deb1
- Documentation
- Wiki
- Official Homepage
- Contribute
- Get support
- List of changes



I don't know whether the versions of softwares MySQL Server, MySQL Client and phpMyAdmin are the latest stable versions or not. Please guide me in this regard.



Now I want to update MySQL Server, MySQL Client and phpMyAdmin to the latest stable versions on my local machine that is running on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.



What should be the efficient, reliable, secure and easiest way to do this?



Please provide me help in this regard.



Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...