Sunday, November 26, 2017

CrashPlan only loads from terminal, not desktop


I couldn't find this particular problem I'm having, so here it goes.


On Ubuntu 14.04, I can successfully launch CrashPlan by typing sudo CrashPlan or sudo /usr/local/crashplan/bin/CrashPlanDesktop.


However, when I try to click on the Launcher CrashPlan icon or the desktop icon, nothing happens. The program does not launch. It only works via terminal, for some reason.


What can I do to make the icons work?



CrashPlan desktop does not require sudo (or gksudo in the case of the graphical launcher). Sounds like your install did not run properly. I recommend you reinstall CrashPlan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...