Monday, November 20, 2017

server - Alternative printing method(s) for an unsupported printer

I have in my office, a Konica Minolta bizhub 211 multifunction printer, it works well with windows workstations... It has a lot of good features, like duplex...



konica minolta bizhub 211



I haven't found any drivers for UNIX, so I'm looking for alternative methods, how can we make it useable in Ubuntu. I'm thinking on some windows based server, or what I know...



It's id in lsusb: 132b:2052




I wrote here requesting for drivers: ubuntu.hu, linuxforums.org, forums.debian.net, ubuntuforums.org; and also to the manufacturer, but they said only, that "the first PostScript supported printer is only bizhub 223", so they don't care that thing.



Update: I've heared about the raw printing method trough a normal Windows workstation. Have someone got any information about this workaround?



Please suggest working methods,



Thanks, B. Roland

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...