Sunday, November 12, 2017

upgrade - Current version of `mitmproxy` for 14.04

I need to tap into some https traffic for development purpose. I use charles and mitmproxy for that, the later being much more convenient.



I do have some issues though, there appears to be a problem with the buidin web UI in the version of mitmproxy offered for systems based on Ubuntu-14.04. I have to manually install the mitm-certificate which is a pain for many devices and changing certificates. So I would like to upgrade from version 0.92 to some current version like 0.15 or 0.17. However all packages I can find of those current versions are only available for newer Ubuntu versions. I don't really understand Ubuntu very well, I mostly work with the openSUSE distribution with its unbelievable wealth of good packages in the OBS. So I am kind of frustrated with the situation for my Ubuntu based systems.




Does anyone have a hint how to get a current version of mitmproxy installed on an Ubuntu-14.04 based system?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...