Friday, November 10, 2017

upgrade - Need Recommendation for Upgrading from 10.10 to 11.10

I'm ready to finally move from 10.10 to 11.10. I have cloned my existing drive with Clonezilla, so I have a good backup image. My current drive is separated into separate partitions with home and data all separate (somewhat of a legacy setup from when I dual booted). My home and data partitions are rsynced regularly to a NAS. I've definitely done plenty of tweaking and installed lots of apps, and would like to have an easy way of at least keeping track of what I need to reinstall. Process wise, what are the recommendations. I'm prepared to NOT do an upgrade (especially since I would have to do it twice--10.10-->11.04-->11.10.


Below is a snapshot of my current partition scheme.


enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...