Tuesday, November 28, 2017

apt-get install fails due to dependent packages

I have an offline machine M1 and online machine M2. M1 has only access to a local repository in an intranet. Apparently it has lots of lacking packages. So I wanted to install all the program in M2 to M1. I have read about apt-offline but I was not able to install some basic programs, vim for example. So as I encounter, I have copied all the .deb files in /var/cache/apt/archives from M2 to M1 and put into same path and depackaged them all. Now when I try to call apt-get install someProgram, my machine says "The following packages have unmet dependencies: someAnotherProgram". How could I erase these packages which have unmet dependencies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...