Thursday, November 16, 2017

printing - 18.04 hplip problem

I have tried to install hplip 3.18.12 on my machine since the upgrade to 18.04. The printer will install and work fine. However, I cannot use the scanner function. I am always notified that a plugin is required When I attempt to install the plugin through any means I have tried so far, I get this error: Python gobject/dbus may be not installed.


Before you jump on me, please notice that I have searched the postings extensively. The only post I can find is this one: Can't print and can't install hp-plugin [duplicate] where everyone indicates that it's a duplicate and has been addressed previously. The fact that it is a duplicate is fine.


Assuming that is true, please tell me/us where it was addressed before. I cannot locate anything that works to get past this error and not pointing to the previous posting is not helpful in any way.


Thank you,

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...