Saturday, November 11, 2017

12.04 - Any supported AGP 8x cards on Ubuntu 14.04?

I've aquired an old desktop (Acer Aspire T135) which currently has an Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 graphics card.



I've discovered that this card is unsupported by Nvidia on any version of Ubuntu after 12.04 so I'm looking at alternatives. One that came up is the Radeon 4670 but again this is unsupported by ATi past 12.04




Are there any 8x AGP graphics cards that will work to their full abilities (using either open-source or proprietary drivers) in 14.04 or am I looking at getting a new(er) PC?



If there are still some available - any suggestions on the best one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...