Wednesday, November 22, 2017

nvidia - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Screen resolution - Second screen giving a lower resolution

I am using NVIDIA GeForce GT710 graphics card. I tried every driver by nvidia. nvidia-396, nvidia-390, nvidia-390. All gave the issue of reduced resolution in the second screen connected via HDMI-0. Whenever I try generating xorg.conf file using nvidia-settings, I get a blank second screen.


$ uname -r
4.4.0-131-generic

Tried Getting screen resolution correct with nvidia drivers, but generating an xorg.conf file results in the second screen getting blank.


The second screen can support 1920x1080_60. Tried adding using xrandr, newmode and addmode steps. It doesn't help either.


Please help.


Regards,
Ramkumar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...