Tuesday, November 21, 2017

14.04 - AMD graphics drivers



I have a new laptop with dedicated graphics card and I decided I will go with Ubuntu 14.04. All is just fine and I love it but the repos for graphics drivers from Canonical are just well... old .Is there any problem if I install my graphics drivers from AMD's official website and not from Software Updater?

It's just that from there i get the latest and greatest.I read the realease notes and 14.04 is supported.



My experience: Go ahead and install the drivers, but before you do print out some de-install instructions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...