Saturday, November 11, 2017

Screen freeze/black screen after installing Nvidia drivers (16.04)



  • Videocard: GTX 560

  • NVIDIA drivers installed: nvidia-367 (recommended for my card).

  • OS: Xubuntu 16.04



Problem description:
Video card works perfectly while using X.org drivers, but after installing Nvidia's, I get a black screen or a freeze on the "decrypt HDD" screen.


I have tried various fixes I've found on the site, from setting "nomodeset" to trying every single driver available to "update-initramfs -u" various times. Recovery mode also works; checked with "lspci -v" and it properly runs the driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...