Wednesday, November 8, 2017

xorg - Stuck in a login loop and I already tried lots of things


I am very new to Ubuntu. My Ubuntu 14.04 is stuck when trying to login my desktop. The screen goes black for a millisecond and soon after that the login screen comes back.


I tried most of the solutions in this question and in this one; however, nothing seems to work.


When the screen goes black for a millisecond I was able to capture this screen


text in console before prompt returns


Edit:
After installing xfce, here are the drivers I have


Solution
Using nouveau xorg driver worked for me and I was able to login through both xfcx and the default sessions.



if you have access to the login screen, try changing the session. Also if you want to run startx, try running it like so : startx -- :2. You may try another number if it doesn't work once.


After you log in, try finding any error log files. If you want to send them through command line, you may use : cat ~/.xsession-errors | curl -F 'sprunge=<-' http://sprunge.us and send us the resulting url.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can&#39;t boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...