Wednesday, November 8, 2017

15.04 - Ubuntu 14 to 15 upgrade broken but now fixed, or is it

When upgrading from Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 LTS to 15.04 I ran into about 8 errors and got a broken installation that despite saying it couldn't upgrade was 15.04. The background was gone and a few things are off but after using:


sudo apt-get update
sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo apt-get upgrade --fix-broken
sudo apt-get -f dist-upgrade


I seem to be back in order. How do I know if I am still running a broken OS? Just because it appears to be functional, does not mean that something is broken. I'll be learning a lot of new things and now every time I troubleshoot, the dodgy upgrade will be a cause I can't disprove. How do I verify? Do I wipe my drive and start again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...