Tuesday, July 4, 2017

12.10 - Black screen after boot (after installing nvidia drivers)



I installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my old laptop.
I downloaded new nVidia drivers that released yesterday (my Vcard is 7000M) and installed it as described here .
After rebooting, I see for 1 second login promt and then black screen with cursor, but I can't type anything.

I removed nvidia drivers in safemode, but problem doesn't solved.
What to do?



Try this, it worked for me (problem with lightdm)



ctrl+alt+f1. Login and do a restart lightdm



then i could log in to desktop and do : gedit /etc/rc.local
before the "exit 0" line insert this line: service restart lightdm



It worked for me, and i hope it'll work for you



No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...