Tuesday, July 11, 2017

12.10 - After changing Compiz configuration, I can't use account






Possible Duplicate:
How do I reset my Unity configuration?






I think I have made some changes in Compiz and now I can't see anything on the screen when I log in with a user. For the other users everything is OK. Is there any possibility to reset to default compiz?
All I can do logged in as the user with problems is pressing ctrl-alt-F2, and then I have to log in a terminal.
I'm not at all a power user, so I apologies if my question is not very clear.
Thanks in advance




You can reset compiz by removing its configuration files. As you have already noticed, these files are stored per user. Log-in to the terminal (ctrl-alt-fX) and move the following directory



mv ~/.config/compiz-1 ~/.config/compiz-1-backup


Log out (exit) and log in via your GUI (ctrl-alt-f7). If all is fine, remove the backup directory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...