Friday, November 1, 2019

installation - Cannot install Ubuntu 12.04.2 on Windows 8 in legacy mode, no partitions detected in gparted?

I want to dual boot Ubuntu alongside Windows 8. Windows 8 is installed in legacy mode (not UEFI). When I use a Ubuntu 12.04.2 cd to install, it does not detect Windows 8. If I click on custom installation, it says that the entire hard drive is free space, i.e. does not detect any partitions.



I also loaded a Gparted iso, and that also failed to detect any partitions. fdisk -l returned nothing.



Any ideas on why windows 8 is not detected by Ubuntu / no partitions are detected by gparted?



PS. Please explain things simply if possible. I'm a linux noob ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...