Thursday, November 7, 2019

partitioning - Can I change file systems inside of partitions within GParted?

I'm looking to share documents, pictures, etc. between Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04.1. I have an extended primary partition (sda4) that is comprised of a swap partition (sda5) and a "/home" mount point storage partition (sda6). This sda6 storage partition is a ext4 file system. As I understand it, in order for Windows 7 to recognize the data, this storage partition needs to be an NTFS format. Can this ext4 format (sda6) be changed to NTFS using the GParted Partition Editor? If not, is there another way to make this happen? Thanks so much in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...