Monday, November 18, 2019

wireless - I have installed ubuntu latest version i.e. 16.04 LTS, but wifi is not working



I have already tried installing rtlwifi-new-dkms and dkms-2.2.0.3 2ubuntu11.all.deb and also tried to disable security in boot option.
My laptop is HP and I don't have ethernet cable and no internet.




Issue Resolved.




  1. Disable Secure Boot from BIOS/UEFI.

  2. Then while installing Ubuntu make sure that you check install essential drivers checkbox, while doing so Wifi must be enabled and connected.

  3. Install Ubuntu, once completed restart the system.

  4. Wifi will work as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...