Wednesday, November 20, 2019

apache2 - Compiling PHP from source (an old version) will delete or corrupt my current PHP7? What is the proper way to install both + switch between them?

I have PHP 7.1 on my Ubuntu machine.



I need to work on a project that uses php5 5.3.3-7+squeeze17 (yes... a 10 year old code).



I have found the source of this package: https://launchpad.net/debian/+source/php5/5.3.3-7+squeeze17



If I install php5_5.3.3.orig.tar.gz following using any of these methods:






Will this corrupt my current PHP 7.1 and prevent it from working? (- might this change the settings via Apache2 on install make?)



What is the proper way to install this version, so I will be able to switch between both versions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...