Wednesday, November 13, 2019

command line - How can I open (launch) files using the terminal?

Objective: Open a text file and other types using the terminal.



Let's suppose I have a file named myFile.txt and I want to launch this file (open it, not sure how I'm supposed to say it), how can I do this?




As I searched all I could find was articles about create and edit files or display the content in the terminal.



Some of the failed attempts:




./myFile.txt



/myFile.txt




cd myFile.txt



cd ./myFile.txt



cd /myFile.txt



eog myFile.txt




And, yes, I used the commands in the folder containing the file in question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...