Sunday, November 17, 2019

server - Offline MySQL installation (Using deb file and no internet connection)



I downloaded MySQL's installation package and ran the following command after installing a fresh Ubuntu server.



dpkg -i mysql-5.5.28-debian6.0-x86_64.deb



It installed fine and then I tried starting up the server manually



/opt/mysql/server-5.5/bin/mysqld


And the following error came up



/opt/mysql/server-5.5/bin/mysqld: error while loading shared libraries: libaio.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory



How can I install that library in an offline way ? I have no means whatsoever to an internet connection from that server and I can't even relocate it to have internet connection temporarily !



Thank you.




How can I install that library in an offline way ?




The same way as you did mysql ofcourse. Find the package, put it on your system and install it with dpkg. You probably also need http://packages.ubuntu.com/quantal/multiarch-support







btw: MySQL changelog for 5.5.10 states:




The libaio library, which has been used on Linux systems since MySQL 5.5.4, is now linked into mysqld dynamically rather than statically. If the library is not already on your Linux system, install it using the appropriate package manager for your distribution. The libaio-dev library is not sufficient; you must have the libaio library.



No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...