Tuesday, November 26, 2019

How to hide Pidgin Buddy list on startup?

I'm running Ubuntu 12.10. Pidgin starts automatically on startup, but I want the buddy list window to starts minimized.




I tried this: http://www.cebuntu.com/apps/how-to-start-pidgin-and-minimized-on-startup-in-ubuntu/



And this shell script: http://planet.jboss.org/post/how_to_start_pidgin_minimized_or_always_start_pidgin_with_its_buddy_list_invisible



but none of them work. I mean they work, the buddy list is minimized on startup, but after that, I can't open it, looks like it is forced to be minimized.



Is there any working solution?



I found the solution:




First, install devilspie



sudo apt-get install devilspie


Make a new file called pidgin.ds in /home/username/.devilspie:



(if  
(is (window_name) "Buddy List")

(begin (minimize) )
)


Add devilspie to launchpad. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...