Thursday, November 14, 2019

usb installation - Can't boot from USB when installing Ubuntu

I downloaded Ubuntu 11.10 32bit and put it in on USB drive using Universal USB Installer from http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/ .


I then restarted my laptop. I pressed Esc and chose "Boot Management", but there was no option for booting from USB. The only options I could see were boot from hard drive and boot from internal CD/DVD. What should I do?


I have already changed the boot order at BIOS and it still didn't work.
My system is 64-bit, but does it matter if I want to install a Ubuntu 32-bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...