Friday, November 22, 2019

ubuntu-device-flash touch hangs at waiting from VirtualBox

Aim: to install Ubuntu Touch on my Nexus 7.



Environment: I have installed Ubuntu Mate 1.10.2 in a VirtualBox machine (Win7 as host) and I can successfully connect to my device through adb and fastboot from this. I tried to follow this guide for the installation, but got stack at the (...) prompt when trying the fastboot oem unlock:

https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/ubuntu-for-devices/installing-ubuntu-for-devices/
Therefore I installed the windows SDK and managed to unlock it from there (Win7).



Problem: Now I would like to flash the device with Ubuntu Touch from my Ubuntu VirtualBox machine using the suggested command:



ubuntu-device-flash touch --channel=ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu --bootstrap



2015/12/18 17:32:00 Expecting the device to be in the bootloader... waiting



and then nothing happens. I first rebooted the Nexus 7 to the bootloader and I am able to see it from my Ubuntu machine with




username@VirtualBox:~$ fastboot devices



015d4906df480807 fastboot



So the question is, how do I keep going? Can I flash it from windows instead? Can I use some "channel"-command or which image should I download? I cannot find any grouper images anymore, would generic images work?



My apologies if it is a duplicate post. It is very similar to many other posts but I honestly did not find one with the same circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...