Sunday, November 24, 2019

Ubuntu won't boot after removing windows and extending partition

I had a dual boot (windows 10 and Ubuntu 16) on a dell laptop. I removed the windows partition and extended the Ubuntu one. Since I cannot boot Ubuntu.


I tried reinstalling GRUB with boot-repair. I cannot install it in UEFI mode:
I created a fat32 partition with boot and esp flag.
When I run oot-repair I get:



GPT detected. Please create a BIOS-Boot partition (>1MB, unformatted
filesystem, bios_grub flag). This can be performed via tools such as
Gparted. Then try again.



I succeeded installing GRUB in BIOS mode. When I reboot the laptop GRUB starts but Ubuntu won't.


See below the boot info summary from boot-repair with the fat32 parition:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/23823238/


Does anyone know what's wrong?


Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...