Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Ati Radeon HD 3200 Graphics driver - Installation Problem

I have a fresh installation of Ubuntu 12.04 x86 and I am trying to install the proprietary driver for my "Radeon HD 3200 Graphics" video card. I know that there are already many threads about this topic, but I did not find a solution for my problem:



For the installation I followed exactly these instructions: What is the correct way to install proprietary ATI Catalyst Video Drivers (fglrx) directly from AMD?



During the process I faced these problems: I executed




~$ debconf libstdc++6 dkms libqtgui4 wget execstack libelfg0 dh-modaliases    


and got:



debconf: DbDriver "passwords" warning: could not open
/var/cache/debconf/passwords.dat: Keine Berechtigung
Can't exec "libstdc++6": Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden at
/usr/share/perl/5.14/IPC/Open3.pm line 186.
open2: exec of libstdc++6 dkms libqtgui4 wget execstack libelfg0 dh-modaliases failed

at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/ConfModule.pm line 59


(translation of the German parts: "Keine Berechtigung" means: "no permission"; "Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden" means: "File or folder not found")



Because I had no idea if it was a big issue, I just continued:



~$ sudo apt-get install ia32-libs



There I got:



Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen... Fertig
Paket ia32-libs ist nicht verfügbar, wird aber von einem anderen Paket
referenziert. Das kann heißen, dass das Paket fehlt, dass es abgelöst
wurde oder nur aus einer anderen Quelle verfügbar ist.

E: Paket »ia32-libs« hat keinen Installationskandidaten



(Translation: [...] the package ia32-libs is not available but is referenced by an other package [...] E: package »ia32-libs« has no installation candidate)



Once more I went on. The next steps worked quite fine. But when I came to the point:



~$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb  


There I got A popup message, something like





there was a problem with a system application




but in the terminal no errors were reported, also the packages seemed to be installed.



so now the Ati Catalyst Center works



amdcccle



but



fglrxinfo


gave me



X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)

Major opcode of failed request: 139 (ATIFGLEXTENSION)
Minor opcode of failed request: 66 ()
Serial number of failed request: 13
Current serial number in output stream: 13


So there is something wrong. (Also there is not the possibility to enable these nice graphical features - the reason why I installed the proprietary driver)



Because I worked with a completely fresh Installation I don't know how to fix the problem. If anybody could help I would be very tahnkful! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...