Wednesday, November 6, 2019

11.10 - Current protocol for installing Xen with as a Dom0?

I tried to install Xen a few weeks ago with Ubuntu 11.10 as the Dom0. At the time, I encountered too many problems to list here. And an internet search revealed that others were having similar problems. Although my searches revealed a few workarounds, ultimately I punted Ubuntu and used Fedora 16 as the Dom0. (The process for getting Fedora 16 up and running as the Dom0 for Xen was relatively painless.)




Ubuntu is my preferred distro, and so I'd like to try again. But before I do so, could anyone kindly recommend a site that provides CURRENT and up-to-date tips, including a list dependencies that I'll need, for installing Xen with Ubuntu 11.10 as a Dom0? (I fear that many of the sites and answers that I previously found may be out of date.) Or better still, would someone kindly post a brief, but up-to-date, tutorial here?



Thanks much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...