Sunday, November 10, 2019

Ubuntu 14.04 black screen afters installing prorpietary nvidia drivers

I have just reinstalled the Ubuntu 14.04 on my laptop due to upgrading to an SSD and now I am experiencing an issue with nvidia drivers. When I install a proprietary driver after a reboot the systel launches (i can hear sound) but the screen is black. I have tried several guides and no luck so far.


I have tried installing both availiable drivers from nvidia:
nvidia-352
nvidia-352-updates


The solution proposed it the following answer didn't help:
Proprietary NVidia drivers with EFI on Mac, to prevent overheating


Laptop ASUS K501LB
VGA GeForce 940M


UPDATE: The nvidia-352 driver is working fine, but only after I have reinstalled Ubuntu 14.04. This time I used 14.04.3 and the problems were when I was using 14.04.4.


P.S. Should I report this as a bug to Ubuntu developers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...