Monday, November 11, 2019

repository - How to add Ubuntu repositories on Kubuntu?

I have noticed that Kubuntu (I am using 12.04 version) doesn't use exactly the same repositories that Ubuntu. Or at least, that is what I think.
For example, if I search for Steam on Muon Software Center or Muon Package Manager, I just can't find it; even if I use sudo apt-get install steam-launcher. But on Ubuntu I have no problem. Why?


That's why I think Ubuntu has some repositories that Kubuntu doesn't. In this case (I don't know if I'm right), how can I add this Ubuntu repositories?


Steam is only an example. There are many packages that I can't find on Kubuntu. Another example: Motorbike (a game) (https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/precise/motorbike/). sudo apt-get install motorbike doesn't work.


Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...