Saturday, November 9, 2019

wine - Origin doesn't install at all on Ubuntu 16.04

I've tried seemingly everything possible to get Origin to install on my laptop. I've followed everything step by step in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga2lNM72-Kw. Around 5:50 is the furthest I've got. What happens on his screen, doesn't happen on mine. Granted, I'm using a newer version of POL, Wine, AND Origin. I also have to make my Wine Desktop Win7 or I get an error from Origin saying if it's not Win7, it won't work...so I don't click Vista. I've tried redownloading OriginSetup, I've tried using OriginThinSetup, I even have an older version of Origin (that, when it updates, just freezes when he gets the login prompt...I don't get such a prompt). Every once in a while, I'll get an error message saying something to the affect of "igoproxy has a serious error"



I've tried every combination of system wine, 1.7.35 (most up to date in the video), and 1.9.24 (most updated version I have) with 32 and 64 bit, with Vista and 7.



I've even gone so far as to go into each origin file and check off the "mark files as executable" and tried that as a variation...to no avail.



If it gets to the "Origin is updating" screen, shortly after, the window closes and it prompts me to save the shortcut.




I just can't seem to find anything on Google (went as far as the third page), YouTube, or any previous questions here or Ubuntuforums. It's like I'm the only one having this issue. Can anyone help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...