Friday, November 3, 2017

Cannot upgrade from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04

I have the following Ubuntu version: 14.04.6 LTS and I'm trying to upgrade to 16.04 with



sudo do-release-upgrade



This command fails reporting:



An unresolvable problem occurred while calculating the upgrade:
E:Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
This can be caused by:
* Upgrading to a pre-release version of Ubuntu
* Running the current pre-release version of Ubuntu
* Unofficial software packages not provided by Ubuntu



And /var/log/dist-upgrade/main.log says:



2019-09-06 17:15:26,873 ERROR Dist-upgrade failed: 'E:Error, pkgProblemResolver:::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages


My question is: how to identify and delete these broken deps?



Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...