Sunday, September 11, 2016

Ubuntu Server 18.04 does not show Intel SW RAID(RAID 0 or RAID 1) device in Partition Manger

My Intel system is configured with RAID 0(2 disks) or RAID 1(2 disks) in BIOS.

And I use the image from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/releases/bionic/release/
to perform installation.



During "Detect disks" stage, it asked if I want to "Active MDADM constainers (Intel/DDF RAID), I answered "yes". Then it asked my if I want to "Activate Serial ATA RAID device", I answered "yes" also.



However, in "Partition disks" stage, it does not show me any disk information.



With Ubuntu Server 16.04, the installation works without issue on this system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...