Monday, September 26, 2016

14.04 - Problem extracting tar.gz files

Recently I encountered a problem while trying to install Quantum Espresso 5.2.0, a Linux-based software, in Ubuntu 14.04. The source was a compressed tar.gz file. I typed the following command to extract the files contained in it :



tar - zxvf espresso-5.2.0.tar.gz


But the Terminal showed the following message :




tar: You must specify one of the '-Acdtrux', '--delete' or '--test-label' options
Try 'tar --help' or 'tar --usage' for more information.


I followed the suggestions but couldn’t solve the problem. Could anybody help me with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...