Thursday, September 22, 2016

grub2 - UEFI boot not working afte succesful install - Ubuntu 15.10

I am not able to UEFI boot a computer after a successful USB install of Ubuntu 15.10. I prepared the bootable USB with the newest version of Rufus, using GPT for UEFI mode. After a successful OS install, the computer leads to the firmware on rebooting. In the firmware, UEFI Harddisk shows up as the first boot option. Boot is set to UEFI, fast boot, secure boot is disabled, quiet boot enabled. Legacy mode install is even worse, it leads to grub-rescue on rebooting after installing the OS.



Boot-repair did not resolve the problem either. Here is the bootInfo: http://paste.ubuntu.com/14442720/



My system: OS (Ubuntu 15.10), MB: ECS FM2A55, Processor A4 6300.I don't intend to dual boot this computer. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...