Wednesday, September 14, 2016

64 bit - Skype on 12.04 x64 does not start even after purging and reinstalling it

I am wondering if there's anyone here who managed to use Skype on 12.04. It used to work (ever since I first tried Ubuntu 10.04) flawlessly, but after upgrading to 12.04, it just doesn't start.



If I start Skype from terminal, it just says Segmentation fault (core dumped).
I tried to remove Skype and installed it from different locations:




  • Skype website (did not install at all, "package error")


  • From official Ubuntu repository (doesn't start at all, segmentation fault)


  • From repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ $(lsb_release -sc) partner" (doesn't start at all, segmentation fault)





Interesting thing: even if I remove / purge Skype from the system, it still shows up in Unity menu (of course doesn't start).



Any help here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...