Tuesday, September 27, 2016

How to boot to root shell when GRUB recovery menu fails to load a shell?




Can't seem to boot into root shell in recovery mode from GRUB. I try booting into recovery mode from the GRUB menu and don't ever get a shell, just log messages from the kernel bootup. Ctrl+Alt+F1-F12 don't really give me anything important either.



u can manually edit ur grub file.
For example, when booting up, press Shift to get into grub2, and press e to edit
the commandline, change the commandline:
append init=/bin/sh



linux init=/bin/sh




and if you are lucky, you can get in a shell.
How to boot GRUB2 into the simplest Linux shell ?


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...