Saturday, September 17, 2016

11.04 - Hardware does not support unity after reboot








I installed ubuntu natty on my friends laptop and it was all working fine out of the box, last night he updated the system and when he restarted, the message he got was this



Hardware does not support unity, going back to Gnome


This has happened on another friends system too, he had an NVIDIA card so i downloaded the driver from the dell site and when i ran the file, the whole GUI ceased to work, i don't want to go the windows way and re install to solve the problem. Please help, the laptop in question is a Dell Inspiron 14 series, the old one that does not have a discrete GPU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...