Friday, September 23, 2016

drivers - Ubuntu 18.10 - problem with installation of Radeon Software 18.40

I downloaded and I am trying to install the latest AMD driver on Ubuntu 18.10, but in the process I get the following error:



Errors were encountered while processing:
/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-sAIsfk/00-amdgpu-core_18.40-676022_all.deb


and the installation terminates.



In the official AMD specs I found that this driver is not supported for Ubuntu 18.10. Is there, however, a way to install it?




Without the AMDGPU driver Steam encounters running problems and produces errors similar to the following:



libGL error: unable to load driver: radeonsi_dri.so

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...