Friday, September 30, 2016

unity - Upgraded to 14.10 - No longer prompted for Privilege Escalation

I upgraded from 14.04 to 14.10. The process was not exactly smooth. I had space errors on /boot so some of the updates failed. I was finally able to get everything update.




Now though nothing in Unity prompts for privilege escalation. Mounting files, editing users, creating folders, etc. I'll get get access denied, and no password prompt. I spent quite a bit of time googling this and only thing that seemed to make sense is maybe an issue with polkit. So I did the answer from this question:




sudo apt-get install --reinstall policykit-1 policykit-1-gnome



This did not fix the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...