Wednesday, September 28, 2016

grub2 - Unable to boot into Windows 8.1 after installing on separate partition (not preinstalled)

I have decided to give Ubuntu a try, so I decided to install it alongside my Windows 8.1 (not preinstalled - It was delivered with Win7), though I had to make a custom install (had the "no system detected" or something upon installation). So I installed Ubuntu on a separate partition.


Anyways, when I booted up after installation, the PC booted directly up into Ubuntu, so I downloaded the Boot-Repair tool and ran it. When I boot up now, I reach the GRUB menu with Ubuntu as the only entries. Boot-Repair gave me this log.


How do I correctly add my Windows 8.1 to GRUB? I have just a little experience with Ubuntu (and Linux systems in general), so I am not sure what to do.
Thank you in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...