Thursday, September 29, 2016

Install Ubuntu Touch on Cheap ARM A8 Chip Tablet?


I was gifted an Le Pan TC 970 tablet (it was on sale and couldn't be passed up).
It is OMAP3, single core ARM A8, 500MB RAM & 1 GHz.
Would Ubuntu Touch be able to be installed, or even Kubuntu with plasma mobile?


Or, is this just a low end tablet that will remain as is?


Thank you for your time and answers.



I don't think OMAP3 is directly supported for Ubuntu-Touch.


However OMAP3 linux kernel is community supported and does boot somewhat recent Linux kernels and Android on BeagleBoard so I would think that it may work since the ubuntu-touch reuses a lot of Android guts. I have not tried this myself since I don't have one of these, so take this answer with a grain of salt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...