Saturday, September 17, 2016

apt - Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - specific to one single .deb package



I have a custom built package I'm trying to install on my device.




It returns this error:



nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg -i MyPackage.deb 
(Reading database ... 181574 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../MyPackage.deb ...
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?
dpkg: error processing archive MyPackage.deb (--install):
subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 100



I already tried all the traditional ways to remove a lock:





None of those worked for me. I do not find any running process related to lock or lock-frontend files. I tried "ps", "fuser", "lsof" .. I also noticed this problem is related to this specific package. Any other version of this same package or any other package is installed correctly and does not trigger any error.



Any idea ?




Finally solved this problem.



One of the install scripts was corrupted into MyPackage.deb (the package I was trying to install). As a result, the install was exiting creating this confusing message.



Thanks for your help


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...