Tuesday, September 13, 2016

filesystem - NTFS partitions hidden under EXT4 file system / partition...want to recover files from NTFS

I am new to ubuntu, but very impressed with the system.
so one day i tried installing ubuntu 10.10 along with windows in dual boot first place it didnt get installed properly and during second attempt i could do it right but oh...i lost my windows 7 ,


here is my problem and what i have done till now.



  1. i have hdd installed with ubuntu same disk have windows partitions and i need to extract data from those ...very very important

  2. i tried to access the same from ubuntu ...can not access it,
    3.reinstalled the windows 7 , hdd is not detected
    4.during installation ubuntu gone , so reintalled

  3. scan in ubuntu says hdd is fine and DiskInternals linux reader actual show the NTFS partitions , recovery tool not able to get any data out.


    , please help i need data from these partitions...please



I feel that i have put ext4 partition on ntfs filesystem...and now not able to access it

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...