Monday, September 12, 2016

Problem to log after the last update of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS




I'm using a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.



Yesterday I did an update of the system. Now I cannot open either the graphical part or the console (Alt+Maj+F1). On the console, when I tape the password, the system is freezing, same with the graphical interface.



Surprisingly, I can connect to the guest session.



I restart the computer and go the grub option to open the old version (3.12.0-65) and the system is working fine.



I want to inform you that the 3.12.0-66 has a problem to log on a session.




Is someone can give me the process to ask Grub to launch the 3.12.0-65 automatically instead of the 3.12.0-66.



You have this problem because you enabled proposed software source.



Kernel 3.13.0-66 is in proposed repository and is not stable.



I recommend to disable proposed in System Settings to avoid this kind of problems.



proposed is for testing purposes, not for normal use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...