Thursday, September 8, 2016

installation - Nexus 4 Fails to Boot After Ubuntu Touch Flash

I was running CM 10.2 on my Nexus 4 until I decided to give Ubuntu Touch a try. These are the steps I took.




  1. Because I as already running a custom OS, I already has a custom recovery installed (CWM), so I just downloaded the saucy-preinstalled-touch-armel+mako.zip from here and dropped it on to root of my sdcard.

  2. Rebooted in to CWM Recovery.

  3. Factory Reset/Wipe Cache Partition

  4. Install zip from SD and selected the downloaded file.



It said everything was successful, but I'm now stuck on the Google logo after trying to boot. I can get back to the bootloader and in to recovery just fine. I just can't get it to boot.




I loosely followed these directions (Manual Download & Installation), I just didn't rename the file - is that truly necessary? As far as I know, it flashes the same way.



Anyway, any help would be appreciated.



EDIT: Did I need to flash saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip first?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...