Thursday, September 8, 2016

Does anyone know of any alternatives to recuva for file recovery?





I was using recuva to find pictures and videos on a windows xp hard drive, but I keep getting an internal error message. Does anyone know of an alternative program for recovering broken and damaged files?



I know that with ubuntu it's sometimes better and I had some more success recovering data from windows computers with ubuntu, I tried find but are there any GUI programs that someone would recommend?



Testdisk:




TestDisk is a good Open Source data recovery software. It is in the main Ubuntu Repository.



Install via the software center



Or:



sudo apt-get install testdisk



enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...