Friday, November 1, 2019

Updating Realtek wireless driver

so I've had problems with my wireless for a few months and now I really have to use linux to start programming again so I really need to get this fixed.
I've been searching the web about my problem and appareantly the problem is the driver, so I'm trying to update it, but I can't seem to be able to do so.



I've been following this tutorial: https://unixblogger.wordpress.com/2011/10/18/the-pain-of-an-realtek-rtl8111rtl8168-ethernet-card/



But I'm stuck where I have to add the new driver to the kernel with the following command:



root@ubuntu:~/r8168-8.032.00# insmod src/r8168.ko



insmod: error inserting 'src/r8168.ko': -1 File exists



I've tried every "path" i can think of and I keep getting errors when I try to add the new driver. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Also, for more information about my computer (in case you need its necessary) everything's in this link: Centrino Wireless-N 1000 takes forever to connect and keeps asking for password

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...